Tuesday 27 May 2014

Take Note

Hello
How was your (bank holiday in the UK) weekend?
Here in
it was extremely soggy!
Saturday wasn't too bad so Mr B and I pottered around locally, visiting various places including a couple of large charity shops and the farm shop. Sunday and Monday were spent pottering in the garden and doing a bit of sewing.

I have to say I have fallen completely in love with freehand machine embroidery! 
This is my weekend project, something I've been thinking about for a little while
A5 loose covered notebooks

These are made using a combination of applique, fabric paints and free motion embroidery.
My ideas are running away with me now - I'm going to do a range called 'Pretty Dresess' and make coordinating items like glasses cases, pocket mirrors, badges, cushion covers and key rings, and possibly brooches too! I'm also thinking of doing other themes including

Home Sweet Home
Sew Lovely
Life is a Journey
Free as a bird

See what I mean?!! Quite when I'm going to find the time I do not know...

I've been lucky with my charity shop finds recently - lots of wooden cotton reels, buttons and pretty cloths...
I've also bought these for a project I saw somewhere on the internet!
I'll show you when I get around to doing it.
By far my favourite find is this
dinky vintage suitcase.
I am fortunate to have a collection of vintage suitcases (great for storage), several of them have been given to me by friends.
Anyway, enough of my ramblings...
Thanks for visiting
xXx


19 comments:

  1. Your pretty dress designs are gorgeous. All so different and really sweet. Isn't it wonderful when the inspiration just flows. Have a lovely week.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali. I find I go through phases with my inspiration!! I meant to end the post with a photo of my fabric cupboard with all of the contents either spilling out or on the floor - sadly that's what happens when inspiration strikes me! XX

      Delete
  2. I love the ladies they'll look great on anything, clever you thinking them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was inspired by the fabulous class I went to run by the equally fabulous Lara Sparks.

      Delete
  3. Im always up for a browse in a charity shop because what they stock is unpredictable.You never know what you will find. You have found some great stuff and love the little case. Your free motion embroidery your little people are cute x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I too like a rummage in a charity shop! I've recently started volunteering in one for a few hours a week and I'm amazed (and a bit sad)at some of the stories I've heard! X

      Delete
  4. They are adorable! And fabulous finds too.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your embroidery is really lovely, and looks great on the notebooks! It will make a lovely collection. Your little suitcase is great, it is in very good condition, and a lovely size indeed! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, I felt like Paddington walking home with it (sadly, it didn't come with marmalade sandwiches though!) XX

      Delete
  6. I'm loving your 'pretty dresses' designs Suzanne, those little ladies are just gorgeous and I wish you all the best with your extended range - it all starts with a dream doesn't it, and I reckon this is a great dream: well done you! I really love free-hand machine work as well but just need to find more hours in the day to practice!
    Love,Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy. FME is pretty addictive, isn't it? I've already booked another class, sadly got to wait until August for it! XX

      Delete
  7. How utterly lovely are those little girlies in their dresses? You have such a wealth of creativity and talent, methinks you should forget about sleeping for a while and keep making... Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissie for your lovely comments. Unable to give up on my sleep but VERY happy to give up working and housework - will that do?! xx

      Delete
  8. There is too much to like in this post! Your embroidery is lovely... and charity shop finds... and a vintage trunk! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel, I am a lucky girl to get that suitcase, for sure! XX

      Delete
  9. 'I have fallen completely in love with freehand machine embroidery' is somehow not a sentence I ever expected to read! You obviously have a lot more luck in charity shops than I, but perhaps I should try harder. Lovely things

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Marianne. Are you saying I'm odd?!!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Suzanne,
    Love the dolls. Great work with your freehand embroidery.
    Wonderful finds and I love the decanter.
    Thank you for your comment. I hope to do more cards using the stamp set.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I truly appreciate you taking the time and will reply to you via the comments page so call back if you have time XX