Monday 4 March 2013

Pretty Pastel Style by Selina Lake

Well, my copy of this book arrived on Wednesday just as I was leaving for work (grrr).
 I had a lovely start to my day yesterday - in bed with a cup of tea and a toasted hot cross bun courtesy of Mr B, looking through the book properly for the first time.
I have to admit to being the tiniest bit concerned that this book may not live up to my (high) expectations! I do not have a pretty-pretty style, I am not a massive fan of pastels (I was thinking of ice cream colours) and I thought I might find this style a little sickly.
I needn't have worried, it is just as great as 'Homespun Style' and not at all the sickly pastel style I feared, but the usual Selina Lake loveliness, and the pastels are bright pastels if that makes sense.
 I know that, like Selina's other books, I am going to look at this book again and again.
Here are a few of my favourite pages
Highly recommended!
 

2 comments:

  1. The new Selina Lake book looks totally gorgeous Mrs B-good to hear that you weren't disappointed with it-I do hope my copy arrives in time for Mother's Day as my sons are meant to be giving it to me!!
    Lots of love
    Seaside Girl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book looks lovely , my type of book for sure xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I truly appreciate you taking the time and will reply to you via the comments page so call back if you have time XX