Tuesday 9 October 2012

She is too fond of books...

..and it has turned her brain.
(Louisa M Alcott)
What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling a bit low?
I have realised that I buy books!
(I know, I work in a library...!)
In the last week or so I have bought
I love this one - beautiful styling.
 
I have to say this book didn't inspire me AT ALL. I struggled to find something I wanted to make. As always, great styling and pictures but that's about it as far as I'm concerned!

This was a lucky find, lots of great pics and is full to the brim with ideas

 
This is quite an old book. I bought it for a ridiculous price from one of the Amazon Marketplace sellers. Great pics.
 
Not overly impressed with this one, full of things I've seen in magazines and books already.
Some I am happier with than others as you can tell.
 
And, I couldn't resist this!
Sadly, I also eat chocolate and cakes and buy even more magazines than usual, rather a lot too
(or should that be Happily, I also...).
 
Thanks for visiting
xXx
 
For Carly, edited to include mini reviews of the books. Thanks for your comment Carly XX
 
 


5 comments:

  1. I share your love of books! And these look like VERY happy ones! Will you be doing some reviews soon???
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to lose myself in crafts and good shows when I'm feeling rubbish...and the cosiest clothes I have...and chocolate of course :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I'm a book buyer too! My amazon basket is chockablock! Nothing like a lovely new book to cheer you up!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake book looks delicious. I guess what they say is correct 'you can't judge a book by it's cover'. I've bought a couple of craft books and have been disappointed. But they're always so tempting.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking books-shame they weren't all you hoped for-such a disappointment when the cover promises so much but theinside fails to deliver! You just need to buy more books!! Seaside girl x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I truly appreciate you taking the time and will reply to you via the comments page so call back if you have time XX