Saturday 31 March 2012

Polymer Clay Workshop

Today I attended a Polymer Clay Workshop run for the British Polymer Clay Guild by Kay Vincent. I have seen the beautiful jewellery and other items Kay makes and was interested to find out how they were made. Kay gave us a great demonstration followed by us making a 'never fail flower' out of polymer clay.
I chose to make buttons but it really is such a versatile material. Suggestions from Kay include beads, brooches, tool handles (craft, not hammers etc.!), light pulls, coasters, the list is endless.
Polymer clay really is easy to work with and only needs approximately 10 mins in the oven to harden it.
Half way through the no fail flower.

Debbie's finished beads

ruby's beads

My buttons
(and week thirteen project - cheating, I know!)

Thanks for such a great morning kay, it flew by!
 I'll certainly have another go at making buttons. Hopefully they'll turn out a bit more delicate next time.
Thanks for visiting, would love to know what you've all been up to this weekend. Have you learn't anything new?

As always, thanks for visiting.
xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. I truly appreciate you taking the time and will reply to you via the comments page so call back if you have time XX