Sunday 26 February 2012

Week eight project(s)

Just a quick visit to show you the card I made for my husbands birthday (yesterday). It was finished a couple of minutes before he was due home from work on friday, luckily it was 'Fajita Friday' which means my youngest makes dinner (until the novelty wears off, that is).
I am resisting the urge to tell you what I don't like and would do differently!

I also made a case for him to put his watch in when not using it (at his request). I can't seem to find a picture of it. I made it using a moss green coloured linen and lined it with some fabric with a map design on and used a vintage button that I actually removed from its original card,something I find difficult to do, with a clock face design on.

All four (husband, 2 sons and me) of us had lunch out and went to see Woman in Black at the cinema. I also managed to fit in a visit to The Eternal Maker, conveniently situated next door to the cinema! Having two teenagers it's rare for all of us to go out together these days so it was a special day. The film was excellent, I love creepy books and films. Some of the scenes were filmed at The Bluebell Railway which is fairly local to us and one I've visited many times. I saw The Woman in Black as a play years ago but couldn't remember a lot of the story. Have you seen it? What did you think?

I've started sewing together my throw, I do have a busy week but I'm hoping to get it finished within the week.

Thanks for visiting. X

3 comments:

  1. Hello Suzanne So glad you had a good time at Chichester. First time on a blog ever and enjoyed seeing your craftwork and the dogs again. See you Friday.
    Love Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Suzanne-thank you for another super M&M session! Loved looking @ your fab Selina Lake book-it's truly gorgeous! Have a great weekend & see you next week.
    Love
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm leaving you a comment - I bet your husband liked the card even if you weren't too sure! I like typewriter stamps myself.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I truly appreciate you taking the time and will reply to you via the comments page so call back if you have time XX