Thursday 26 January 2012

Home Sweet Home

Week four project
The proud of it one

Home Sweet Home is one of my favourite sentiments.
 I love being at home and when I go on holiday I can just about last 5 days before I'm itching to get back there. I love it when I first get back home and see the house afresh because of a few days away. I always fall in love with it again!

On Sunday I attended a class at the Craft Barn run by Helen Chilton, we made a terrace of houses using mount board, card, inks and a variety of rubber stamps. Because of my love of the home and birds (we used a lot of bird themed stamps) this project was perfect for me. Helen was very patient  as I'm a beginner at this craft, so much became clear to me and I learnt so many techniques. The day flew by, Helen and the other ladies on the course made it  really enjoyable . Today I finished my row of houses, I only had the sticking bit left to do, and here is the finished piece. I am really pleased with it, I may add a little colour with pencils just to add a contrast (it almost sounds like I know what I'm doing!) but I haven't decided yet.


I've booked for Helen's next class on the 11th March and I can't wait!

Now I'm off to have a play with the bits I bought during the break for lunch on Sunday. Lucky me.





All the best.


1 comment:

  1. Love this Suzanne - really like the blue in it and the birdcage. Glad it turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I truly appreciate you taking the time and will reply to you via the comments page so call back if you have time XX